NCAST PCI Teaching Scales : 28-30 November
About this event
In this program, participants learn skills in the observation and assessment of caregiver and child during a teaching situation.
A key element of this program is the opportunity to be assessed for reliability in the use of a validate tool, the PCRP Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Teaching Assessment Scale.
Who is this workshop for?
- Child & Family Health Nurses, Newborn Care Nurses, Paediatric Nurses, Researchers, Social Workers, Psychologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Lactation Consultants, Infant Mental Health Specialists
- Prior to doing the PCR Programs PCI course you must have completed the Keys to Caregiving workshop
What are the NCAST Parent-Child Interaction (PCI) Teaching Scales?
- Valid and reliable assessments for measuring parent-child interaction with an extensive body of research across disciplines
- A well-developed set of observable behaviours that describe caregiver/parent child interaction in a feeding situation
- Excellent pre and post measures to document intervention effects for clinicians and researchers
- Scales which have been used in hundreds of studies and published in peer-reviewed scholarly journals
How do the PCI Scales benefit caregiver/parent-child interaction?
- Gives concrete areas to guide intervention
- Transforms the provider's view of the parent-child relationship
- Gives the provider a new lens with which to see the strengths and opportunities for growth in the parent-child relationship
Date and location
28th, 29th and 30th November 2022
8:30am - 4:00pm
- Tresillian Willoughby Family Care Centre 2 Second Avenue, Willoughby NSW 2068
- TFCC & Sustaining NSW Families Staff Only : No Charge
All cancellations are to be made in writing to TFCC-Education@health.nsw.gov.au
Booking window closes on 11th November 2022, 12:44 PM